Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Long haul





So it is 2010! Which in my mind means this is going to be a great year since it is my luck number. I also have a birthday fast approaching which I like to express, I'm so sexy I'm so fine, I will soon be 29. (This is stolen from being in high school and graduating in 1999). I think everyone is having a slow recovery from the holidays and settling into the long haul which will most likely be the original 12 months extended to at lease 13 maybe 14 mos. It was to be expected. We are seeing new faces everyday. New units are filtering in, Engineers, Special Forces, etc etc. I keep asking myself if the engineer units try to be douchers or does it just come naturally. I think we all were spoiled having this area to ourselves and now that all these strangers are impinging on our territory it is annoying. They are in our gym, our chow hall, and computer tent. They have terrible gym etiquette, (which I have now settled with myself that I am a workout snob. Not in the type of gym because I like dirty, sweat boxes just fine, but a snob in how you arrange the weights, putting up weights, and resting on the equipment).
A few days ago, I got to volunteer for the Hoist training with the MEDEVAC. That means I was hooked up to a rope and sat on a metal platform/anchor looking thing, and rode up 25ft or so with a medic into a hovering helicopter. It was pretty cool.
Thank you for all the letters, gifts, and thoughts. I appreciate every little thing...down to the 25 year old wash rag that mom felt was essential that I have.
Posted are some pictures of my clinic status post poster decorations compliments of Becky Hill and some pretty pictures of sunset at Shank.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome stuff, Caton! I had no idea you were a doctor and a surgeon. Congrats! Sounds like your staying busy and having fun. If you get bored you can read my blog about time in Korea. http://kevin.finnigin.net/blog.

    - Kevin Finnigin

    ReplyDelete